Two paid internships position are available in the Dura-Bernal Lab at the State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Health Sciences University.
Opportunities for students
- Gain research experience and learn cutting edge methods in computational neuroscience: large-scale modeling of neuronal cortical circuits to study brain function and disease; machine learning applied to neuroscience; development of neuroscience software tools. For more details see Research and Current Collaborations.
- Contribute to NIH- and NSF-funded projects, collaborate with top national and international institutions (Yale, Brown, UCL, EPFL, ...), and publish results in academic journals.
- Possibility of working remotely.
- Start date and duration are flexible.
- Remuneration/stipend will depend on conditions agreed upon (only available for US-based students).
- Completed or in final year of Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline. Note: Graduate (MSc or PhD) students, medical students or those with higher degrees or in industry are also encouraged to apply (postdoc positions may be available soon).
- Experience in Python programming, scientific computing (numpy, scipy, etc), and collaborative development via Github.
- Spoken and written English language proficiency.
- Previous experience in neuroscience, machine learning, NEURON simulator and/or supercomputing will be valued.
How to apply
- The position is closed; applications are no longer being accepted.
- For questions or future opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to creating a diverse workplace, with every member of the team able to thrive both personally and professionally. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.